July 21, 2013

Creation by Creator

There are three basic options for explaining the origins of the universe: 1) Creation by Creator, 2) Creation by Chaos, and 3) Creation by Chance. In this post we'll look at option #1: Creation by Creator.

When you see something that’s been made, the most logical conclusion is that someone made it, right? In other words, where there’s a creation, there’s a creator. Let me illustrate...When I go to Old Lime Beach and see a heart shape in the sand, I intuitively know someone made it. Did I see them do it? No. But it stands to reason that where there’s a creation, there’s a creator. In the same way, when I go to the Granville Gorge and see a Zen rock formation, I intuitively know someone made it. Did I see them do it? No. But it stands to reason that where there’s a creation, there’s a creator. 

So when I look at the heavens and the earth I make the same logical conclusion - creation by creator. When I see a heart shape in the sand on the beach I don’t conclude a wave crashed and created it by chance. When I see a rock formation by a stream bed I don’t conclude that the strong wind of a storm blew them into place. In the same, I don’t believe that chance or chaos created the world. I give credit to a creator. 

I believe God created the heavens. Isaiah 40:25-26 says "“To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal?” asks the Holy One. 26 Look up into the heavens. Who created all the stars? He brings them out like an army, one after another, calling each by its name. Because of his great power and incomparable strength, not a single one is missing.” NLT

And I believe God created the earth. Isaiah 40:28 says “Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth...” NLT

Like it says in Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment