January 31, 2011

What We Can All Learn From Bill Gates

Today I saw on the news that Bill Gates is giving away another $100 million. Apparently he's donated $100 million more than once!! This time around he's planning to eradicate polio worldwide. I found this interesting because Bill Gates understands the biblical concept of stewardship, whether or not he realizes it. He has leveraged his resources to do the most good he can in the time he's been given. And that's exactly what we're supposed to do as stewards of the time, talent and treasure God has given to us. The goal is to leverage what God has given us in order to make the biggest difference we can for the kingdom of God. What am I doing with my time? How am I using it to advance God's kingdom? What am I doing with the talent God has given me? How am I using the gifts God has given me to advance his kingdom? What am I doing with the treasure God has given me? How am I using my wealth to see God's purposes be accomplished on this earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment