January 23, 2011

Sunday Reflections

Today was awesome. Here are some of my reflections on Sunday.
  • Our worship team is really coming along. Our worship arts director, Lester, is doing a great job, as is our new band leader, Frank Rocca. I wish newcomers could see where we started and where we are now. We have improved sooo much. Don't get me wrong. We still have room to grow, and I anticipate where we'll be a year from now, three years from now, ten years from now, etc. But I'm also celebrating the progress we've made so far. Praise God!
  • Today we had 240 people at New Day (188 adults and 52 kids). Again, it's amazing to think how far we've come. I remember being so pumped when we finally reached 50 people in total church attendance (adults and kids). Now we have over 50 with just the kids alone!
  • To my knowledge we have the highest number of people signed up for a growth group that we've ever had (currently 78 with two more weeks of sign ups to go). How amazing would it be to have 100+ people involved weekly in Bible study and prayer... Sign up here.
  • Our growth group leaders training went awesome. Bethany, our growth group director, did an incredible job preparing our leaders to lead their groups. I got excited all over again for another round of growth groups. It's a great feeling to know you're a part of something that will help people grow spiritually.
  • I was thinking today how great it is to be a part of something that's alive and growing. We're reaching lost people, we're having a blast doing it, we're making a difference. And I'm so grateful to be a part of something like this.
  • I'm looking forward with anticipating to our switch to two services (starting Sunday February 6th 2011). We'll have a 9:30am service and an 11:00am service. I feel confident that we'll quickly fill up both services. I think before we know it we'll be trying to figure out what to in order to accommodate the people God continues to send our way.
  • I'm challenged to dream bigger. We serve a big God and I want to believe for big things in 2011.
  • I'm grateful for all the volunteers who partner with me and the staff of New Day to make possible what we do each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment