February 6, 2011

Sunday Reflections

Today was a special day at New Day. Here's some of my reflections:
  • We took a step of faith in starting a second service and it's already paying off. Last Sunday we had 258 people in our single service. Today we had 128 in our first service and 161 in our second, for a grand total of 289 people. It was insane!
  • I thank God for the successful transition. I can honestly say that even after all the reading and interviewing me and my team did in investigating how to successfully switch from one to two services, there were still a lot of unanswered questions. But we did what we could and trusted God with the rest. And God came through in providing one thing after another that we needed to make this work.
  • I'm also very thankful to my staff for all their hard work in preparing for a second service. Each department had to raise new volunteers and make provisions for two services instead of one (i.e. worship in two services, host team in two services, kids workers for two services, collecting the offering for two services, etc.). Everyone stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park. I've really got a great team for which I'm very grateful for.
  • I'm also thankful for the volunteers who made the transition possible. Without the people who stepped up to volunteer, putting their hearts and hands where they were needed most, this wouldn't have been possible.
  • I can't believe I'm about to write this, but I think very soon we'll be needing to add yet another service! This is a good problem to have and even though it represents untold hard work, I say BRING IT ON! I want to use my life to point as many people as possible to God.
  • I really think this year is going to be a huge turning point for New Day. As we fill up two services we'll be ready to add a second full time staff member. I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to that! It'll be wonderful to have someone else besides me working 40+ hours a week on New Day.
  • I have a strong inner sense that we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg - that we're just beginning to step in to what God has for us. This makes me celebrate what God is doing today, while looking foward with great anticipation of what he'll do tomorrow (and in thefuture).

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful to be serving at New Day! What a awesome day it was. God is so good!
    ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am THRILLED to be a part of all that God is doing @ New Day!~Tracey

    ReplyDelete