August 17, 2009

My Week Aug 17-23

Scheduling Questions:
1. When is date night?
2. When is my day off?
3. When will I work on my sermon this week?
4. When will I "work ON" the church (vs. working "IN" the church -i.e. right now I'm working on our growth groups system)?
5. When will I work on assignments due for my coaching network?
7. When do I have meetings this week?

Monday: sermon prep, small groups meeting 3-5pm, review wedding details for Saturday
Tuesday: develop growth groups system, meet with Neil in the evening about the expansion of our worship arts department
Wednesday: complete coaching network assignments, date night
Thursday: senior pastor coaching network call
Friday: day off, family day
Saturday: officiate wedding for Kristie & Dan, complete "to do" list from Sunday: buy new cord cases, get church van inspected, order more pens, bulletins, etc. Also do whatever is left from the work week and make sure everything for Sunday is ready to go.
Sunday: set up for church, lead the church service, tear down, follow up with first time guests, send vital info to my administrative helpers, send service evaluation email to volunteers, post podcast to internet, send requested info to people, respond to prayer requests, etc. etc. etc.

1 comment:

  1. PASTOR MIKE, BUSY WEEK. I APPRECIATE ALL YOU AND KRISTEN AND ALL THE VOLUNTEERS DO TO MAKE SUNDAY SERVICE GO SMOOTHLY. I READ YOUR BLOGS ON FACE BOOK. SO IA MA ONE OF YOUR THREE FOLLOWERS! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

    ReplyDelete