June 21, 2010

Creation Testifies of a Creator

I recently went to Ogunquit Maine and while I was there Kristin and I did some sight seeing along the coast. At one point I came across the rocks in the photo to the right. I don't know how well you can see the rock formations in the picture - but someone clearly piled a couple of the rocks on top of each other and made a little monument - a "I was here" memento.

I couldn't help but think, when I looked at the rocks, that SOMEONE was behind the rock monument. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that SOMEONE put the rocks one on top of the other. Intuitively I knew that it wasn't an accident. The waves didn't come crashing in and assemble the rocks like that. SOMEONE created that monument.

Here's a principle I derived from this rock example. Where there's CREATION there's a CREATOR. I think one of the biggest testiments to the fact that God is real is the earth we live on! If it defies common sense that six rocks came together, like in the picture above, ALL ON THEIR OWN - then how much MORE SO does it DEFY common sense to think that the earth just came together all on it's own? I mean have you ever seen Planet Earth or Life (by BBC Earth)? Our world is amazingly complex!

Romans 1:19-20 teaches that knowledge of God is available to all...THROUGH CREATION. We have no excuse for not believing in God. THROUGH CREATION he has made it abundantly clear that he exisits. Where there's CREATION there's a CREATOR. One commentary I read said "The witness to God in nature is so clear and so constant that ignoring it is indefensible." And I agree. It makes me sad - but it's true. We will have NO EXCUSE for not believing in God when we someday stand before him.

No comments:

Post a Comment