March 8, 2012

Identify Your Constraints

Today I read a great management tip in Brian Tracey's book Full Engagement that I've found helpful and think you will too. He said one important aspect of management is to identify your constraints. In other words, it's the manager's job to figure out what's holding the organization back. 

At New Day our bottom line is destinies, not dollars. So today I asked myself "What's holding us back from making more disciples of Jesus?" What one problem, if I were to solve it, would have the greatest positive impact on our church? I'm sure you're interested to know my answer, but that's besides the point :) 

I share this post as an encouragement to ask similar questions in your own department. What's holding your department back? What one problem, if you were able to solve it, would have the greatest positive impact on our church? Asking yourself such questions will help you identify what important tasks you really ought to be working on. It's these hurdles, that when jumped over, will really add to our bottom line. So take some time to think about these questions, then get to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment