May 16, 2011

Encouragement

It is wonderful to be on the receiving end of encouragement. Just this morning I got a text from someone in our church that read "You do such an awesome job bringing the best messages to us!!" I am literally having trouble describing the good it did me to hear those words of encouragement. The best I can do is say it brought me life! It inspired me to keep working hard, it boosted my self-esteem, it gave me energy, it made me happy, I felt appreciated. All that from twelve words of encouragement! Wow, the Bible is right when it says "The tongue has the power of life and death..." (Proverbs 18:21). I hope that each day I can say something to someone else that lifts them up the way I've been lifted up today. Here's a good principle to live by when it comes to encouragement: If you think it, say it. If you think someone looks nice, say so. If you think someone is doing a great job, tell them. As long as it's positive and will build someone up, if you think it, say it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment