March 16, 2010

My Testimony

Imagine this...You're sipping a soda at a restaurant with a friend who doesn't know God yet, and you finally get your chance...your friend asks you why you've dedicated your life to God. Maybe he/she didn't word it like that, but that was the essence of their question...Wouldn't it be terrible if God provided you with an awesome opportunity to share your faith and you blew it because you couldn't clearly and succinctly articulate WHY you've dedicated your life to God? That would be horrible to me! That's why I've come up with a little acronymn that will help me do just that - succinctly share with others why I've dedicated my life to God. It's a work in progress so please feel free to leave comments that could help me improve it. Thanks!

TESTIMONY

T: I’ve been Totally forgiven (It brings me great joy to know that if I were to die this very instant I have peace with God through the forgiveness of sins Jesus offers).

E: I’ve been Enlightened on how to best live my life (I have principles, directions, guidelines for living my life).

S: I have a Source of power to live right (Freedom isn’t doing anything you want; it’s knowing the good you ought to do and having the power to do it).

T: I have Tranquility on the inside/in my soul (I have peace because no matter what I’m going through God is working in my situation for my ultimate good. Like the Psalmist I can say: I will lie down in peace and sleep [even during a difficult situation], Psalm 4:8.

I: I have a strong sense of self-worth because God paid Jesus for me (I’d feel great if someone valued my life at $1,000,000 – how much more so when God values my life at the price of his Son Jesus, who he sent to die in my place for my sins).

M: I have Motivation to get up every day because I have a purpose to live for (I exist to bring God pleasure in the way I live and to help to expand his kingdom). That brings meaning to my life.

O: I like the Outcome of my decisions (The Bible says you reap what you sow. And while I haven’t been perfect by any means, I’ve tried hard to follow God’s ways and have reaped the benefits of doing so in my relationships, my finances and my friendships.)

N: No fear of death (I know death is not a period, just a comma. And I know I’m going to heaven.)

Y: The same benefits God offers to me he offers to YOU, and to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment