November 21, 2009

Missing My Kids

My kids are away in VA right now. It's been like 3 days or something and I totally miss them. Specifically, I miss talking to them. I love hearing their little voices and discovering what's on their minds, etc.

And this got me thinking about how God must feel when some of his kids are away (i.e. they are prayerless, backslidden, etc.) I'm sure that He misses us terribly when we don't pray or when we drift away from Him.

When I do see my kids I can't wait to give them gifts and take them out to eat and do fun stuff with them. I wonder what God is waiting to do with those who return to him? I'll bet he has blessings in store. In the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32, the father was overjoyed when his son returned home. And I know that God feels the same way when we return to him.

Is it time to return to God? Is it time to come home to a church family? Is it time to give your life back to Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment